Equine Farm Package Policy
At Berkley Equine and Cattle, we understand that the difference between writing a new piece of business and losing that business can be significantly impacted by the speed, efficiency, and accuracy in which you deliver a quote. Since we began tracking submissions in 2012, BEC underwriters have responded to all submissions, whether they are farm or equine liability submissions, within twenty-four hours of receiving the submission ninety-eight percent of the time.
Equine Farm Package Product:
- Package policy covering farm dwellings, household personal property, additional living expense, farm personal property, outbuildings/barns and farm personal & commercial liability.
- Property covered perils available are: Special, Broad or Basic.
- Dwellings and barns/outbuildings can be insured for replacement cost.
- Dwelling coverage includes an additional twenty-five (25%) percent above the limit of insurance on the dwelling for increased costs the insured incurs due to the enforcement of any ordinance or law.
- Dwelling coverage includes an additional five (5%) percent above the limit of insurance on the dwelling for costs the insured incurs for removal of debris after a covered loss has exhausted the limit of insurance on the dwelling.
- Identity Theft coverage – $15,000 limit available for owner occupied risks.
- Equipment Breakdown coverage available for owner occupied risks.
- Owned saddles & tack can be covered under scheduled Farm Personal Property as miscellaneous saddles & tack with coverage extending to anywhere in the United States and Canada. The limit of insurance on any one item scheduled as miscellaneous saddles & tack is $5,000. Higher limits can be scheduled.
- ISO Farm Program’s property and liability forms are used along with manuscript endorsements that provide coverage for various equine exposures.
- The coverage targets working horse farms that are involved in the business of breeding and/or boarding horses, training horses, giving horse riding instruction, operating horse shows and/or horse clinics.
- Excluded is bodily injury to any participant while in practice or preparation during the following equine events: racing, polo, medieval games, rodeo or rodeo type events, hunts or hunting and vaulting.
- The policy excludes any coverage on the following equine operations: Trail Rides (the Trail Ride exclusion does not apply to horse riding instruction provided for a fee as part of a program of instruction in riding horses), Carriage Rides, Pony & Sleigh Rides and Hay Rides. (See Guided Trail Rides, Pony Rides for coverage with Gemini Insurance Company.
- Coverage underwritten on behalf of StarNet Insurance Company, A.M. Best rated A+ (Superior) and Financial Size Category XV.
- Coverage available in the following States: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI